What do I specialize in?
- Intellectual property
- Competition law
- Product liability
- Personal rights
Considered a “trademark rock star who is quick,
precise and fun to work with”
Who’s Who Legal: IP 2021
Anna specializes in intellectual property law and the law on unfair competition. She advises Polish and foreign Clients in various IP cases, including these regarding protection of brands, technology transfer, protection of confidential business information and advertising. She has significant experience in conducting intellectual property and unfair competition litigation before the Polish Patent Office and administrative courts. She deals with cases regarding the protection of internet domains.
Recommended repeatedly in various international rankings: by Chambers&Partners in the fields of dispute resolution and intellectual property law (most recently in 2021 in the area of intellectual property law), as well as by World Trademark Review 1000 and Who is Who Legal (in the area of trademarks).
- Before establishing GKR Legal, she had been involved with a large Polish law firm for almost 20 years, in which she had been a partner since 2008.
- Anna represents GKR Legal’s Clients in dispute resolutions, proceedings before various authorities, including the Polish Patent Office, the European Union Intellectual Property Office, the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection as well as administrative courts. She deals with cases regarding the protection of Internet domains, in particular before the Arbitration and Mediation Centre at the Worldwide Intellectual Property Organization in Geneva and in proceedings before the Arbitration Court of Conciliation for Internet Domains at the Polish Chamber of Computer Science and Telecommunications (PIIT) in Warsaw. She is listed as an Arbitrator in the Lewiatan Court of Arbitration.
- As part of ongoing legal services for business entities, Anna prepares, negotiates and evaluates contracts, including copyright, non-competition contracts as well as framework cooperation contracts. She evaluates internal documents (instructions, terms and conditions.)
- Anna Gołębiowska is the author of publications on civil procedure and intellectual property law in Poland and abroad.
- She provides legal services in Polish and English.
PROCEEDINGS BEFORE THE POLISH PATENT OFFICE
- CLIENT: One of the global producers of energy drinks.
- PROJECT: The proceedings regarding the registration of a non-conventional trademark (abstract composition of colours) in the Polish Patent Office.
TRADE MARK PROTECTION
- CLIENT: A well-known car manufacturer.
- PROJECT: Conducting many civil and criminal cases concerning the infringement of their trademarks/brand, including cases regarding the introduction into the market of spare parts marked with counterfeit trademarks.
PROTECTION OF THE COMMUNITY DESIGN
- CLIENT: One of the world’s largest confectionery manufacturers.
- PROJECT: The case concerning the infringement of a community design presenting a packaging in the shape of a large lollipop.
ILLEGAL PARALLEL IMPORT
- CLIENT: One of the global FMCG companies.
- PROJECT: Representing the Client in cases concerning the prohibition of the marketing of original food products, imported from outside the European Economic Area and not intended for this market.
- CLIENT: Polish and international companies.
- PROJECT: Advised in cases of unfair competition practice, including advertisement, dissemination of false information, appropriation of know-how, and represented them in related court disputes, among others she represented a global pharmaceutical producer against its competitor in the case for the dissemination of untrue and misleading information.
FALSE INFORMATION DISSEMINATION
- CLIENT: A global manufacturer from the pharmaceutical industry.
- PROJECT: Representation in the case against a competitor in connection with the dissemination of false information about his enterprise.
PROTECTION OF A RENOWNED TRADEMARK
- CLIENT: One of the global entities from the FMCG sector.
- PROJECT: Carrying a civil case regarding the prohibition of the marketing of original confectionery, but in packaging changed in comparison with the original packaging, when the appearance of the altered packaging violates the reputation of the trademark.
- CLIENT: A well-known car manufacturer.
- PROJECT: Representing the Client before the Mediation and Arbitration Center at WIPO in proceedings for infringement of a well-known trademark by using it in the Internet domain name. As a result of proceedings, such domains have been removed or transferred to the client entitled to the mark.
AGREEMENTS RESTRICTING COMPETITION
- CLIENT: Distributor of building materials.
- PROJECT: Conducting legal audits of contracts in terms of their compliance with antitrust law.
- CLIENT: FMCG company.
- PROJECT: Representing the Client in proceedings before the Court of Competition and Consumer Protection in a matter regarding the recognition of the provisions of the contract template as not permitted.